The BIG Group supports social undertakings that offer children and youth in the periphery a support framework, tools and an opportunity to improve their future options.
We attribute vital importance to serving the community of which we are a part. This is why we support non-profit organizations operating in areas and towns where BIG Shopping Centers are located.
Among the organizations that the BIG Group supports
• Maytiv Program – educational activities for kindergarten and school children, with an emphasis on integrating positive thinking tools into children’s everyday life. The aim is to enhance the children’s sense of
pleasure and meaning and to foster integrity, compassion and success.
• Ofanim – operates mobile learning laboratories for children in the geographic periphery. Through the laboratories the organization delivers a wealth of educational activities, empowering and encouraging children to realize their educational aspirations, further themselves and contribute to society as a whole.
• Leket Israel – the “Nevet” sandwich project helps malnourished children from economically disadvantaged families, by providing ingredients for preparing fresh and nutritious sandwiches to school children.
• Or Shalom – supports at-risk children and youth removed from their home by social services and placed in out-of-home frameworks due to impaired parental functioning, mental and/or physical abuse and/or neglect.
• Aleh Negev – the “Aleh Negev – Nachlat Eran” village for special needs children. The village provides a warm home for persons with an intellectual developmental disability combined with a severe physical disability, genetic defect or acquired disease.
• Etgarim – advances the social integration of children and youth with a disability through extreme sports activity. The aim is to help participants become integrated into society, strengthen their self-confidence and help them maximize and realize their personal potential.
• Unistream – an entrepreneurship program aimed at providing youth from underprivileged communities in the Jewish and Arab sectors an opportunity to succeed, realize their potential and become entrepreneurs.